[OSM-talk] Image of the Week: Olympic stadium athens ccbysa2

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 7 14:02:54 BST 2012

Hi,

On 08/07/2012 02:48 PM, Thomas Davie wrote:
> I'd say that's an excellent message about what OSM can do – it took a
> whole of 1 day for the whole place to get remapped in better detail than
> anyone else!

Maybe whoever put the image there wanted to highlight this quality in OSM ;)

But I fully agree with Sven/Gregory - The "Image of the Week" is not an
acceptable place to bad-mouth OSM, *especially* if what one is writing
is wrong.

(More generally, I think the character of the "Image of the Week" is
usually uplifting, and therefor it is not a place to bad-mouth *anything*.)

I think links to FOSM or other forks are acceptable on the Wiki if
presented in a neutral, factual manner, but certainly not in a
propagandist fashion as it was done here.

Bye
Frederik