[OSM-talk] Image of the Week: Olympic stadium athens ccbysa2

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:42:19 BST 2012

On 7 August 2012 23:02, OJ W <ojwlists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not convinced that the
> image would have been "out of date" had it not been observed by me

If you had noticed it, you could have remapped it.

> p.s. probably worth mentioning that a [[Featured_image_proposals]]
> page full of new and good images would go a long way towards making
> these images a community thing rather than one person's choice.  I
> think we've had 11 nomiations this year, which doesn't really fill the
> first 32 weeks if you try to be selective about quality.

Perhaps the proposals page should be cleared, it looks like there is too
much choice and I haven't heard a recent request for more proposals.
I've made nominations in the past. The trouble seems to be they need to be
very current, so if my image requires lots of discussion, or someone to do
a screenshot, then the event may have passed.

I will try and think about proposals more often now.

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com