[OSM-talk] OSMF Board & auto industry / What's the story?

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Thu Aug 9 14:57:43 BST 2012

On 09.08.2012 15:02, Maarten Deen wrote:
> I don't see the added value of having an OSM map if I still have to wait
> for (paid) updates by my car manufacturer.

No one is talking about YOUR added value. It's about saving money for
the manufacturer. They can talk easier about discounts with
Navteq/Teleatlas if there is a free alternative.

Do you know NDS?
http://www.nds-association.org/

Here an article (in german) where a BMW employee writes about the future
data model.
http://www.all-electronics.de/media/file/8737

Stephan