[OSM-talk] Naming disputes in Ukraine

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:26:34 BST 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> As these changes have already happened (on the paper) in some cases 10
> years and more ago and still the road signs show the old refs (in many
> cases, not in all), we decided to change these refs back to what is
> still on the signs, and to record the official reference number in a
> tag "official_ref".

Same issue in France excepted that the replacement of the old
reference signs is almost completed. So we decided to keep the
official reference in "ref" and keep the old one in "old_ref" even in
the few cases the "ground rule" is outdated.

Pieren