[OSM-talk] License Change plans?

Robert Whittaker (OSM) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:44:55 BST 2012

On 16 August 2012 10:34, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
> The LWG meets once per week and, you wouldn't believe it, in general has
> its minutes online shortly afterwards.
>
> Our take on the change over is here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1j4wiDqukbRGNDh9kC-cUL6j3t4NhlcVgancqieHywK0
>
> Work has been progressing on the open issue listen in item 6, some are
> done some are still open.

Thanks, though I'd already seen that. (The promptness of the LWG's
minutes is great by the way :) )

However, while the details in those minutes do provide some useful
insight into what is still to be done, they don't really provide any
indication of time scales. There's also no mention of the progress (or
lack thereof) in the following week's LWG minutes, so one doesn't get
any sense of how things are progressing. The LWG minutes also don't
explain whether OSMF is actually planning to make the license change
as soon as those issues are resolved or whether there are also other
things that need to be done first.

In the run-up to the redaction process, we had weekly updates posted
to the rebuild mailing list from the Communication Working Group.
Perhaps something similar could be continued now. Or maybe we could
have another official post on http://blog.osmfoundation.org/ to
provide an update as to where things currently stand...

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker