[OSM-talk] Specific Cases of Governments Using OSM

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Aug 30 13:28:08 BST 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Kate Chapman <kate at maploser.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm giving a presentation in a couple weeks about OpenStreetMap and
> how governments can interact with OSM.
>
> I'm looking for examples of governments using OSM data, versus
> releasing data for OSM to use.
[ ...]
> What other examples are out there?

Canada's national mapping agency.  Initially, they clarified their
license, allowing and encouraging OSM to include their data in OSM.
Then they hosted local mapping parties and some staffers became
mappers.  Then they started publishing updates to their data in OSM
format.  Then they started analysing the differences between their
data and ours, to schedule areas for their re-surveys.

Full Of Awesome.