[OSM-talk] Community for wiki maintenance

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Fri Dec 14 13:41:38 GMT 2012

On 13.12.2012 22:49, Michael S wrote:
> I'd like to help to improve the wiki content and seek for the right
> community to discuss my ideas.
[...]
> I've found the pages http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki,
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wikiteam,
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Cleanup etc. but the
> traffic on those pages and the related talk pages seems not to be very
> high. Is the talk mailing list the better resource?

Besides the wiki pages you mentioned, there is a forum which is
specifically intended for coordinating wiki maintenance activities:

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewforum.php?id=52

And yes, the traffic is not very high there either. But you should at
least reliably get a reply for any question regarding the wiki.

However, your examples of questions aren't all about the wiki itself. If
you want to ask whether pages should be merged, then that page's talk
page and/or the wiki forum are well suited imo. But your example "Can
someone confirm that pyrender is not maintained anymore" is not really a
question about the wiki, it's a question about pyrender. So that's
something I would ask here on talk (or directly to the program's author).

Tobias