[OSM-talk] Community for wiki maintenance

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:13:32 GMT 2012

Tobias,

I think this is a great idea, and one we've talked about for a long time.

If you can get access to the logs, then I'd like to suggest a
number-based approach that you may want to consider.

My suggestion is to look at the pages which people search for, either
via the internal search, or via search engines. That will tell you the
topics people are most interested in- which should give you a sense of
where to focus your efforts. If people search for a term and there
isn't a page for it- maybe there should be. If they are looking for
some specific term, maybe it needs more help.

In addition, you can (as you mentioned) use the tools to look for
orphaned pages, pages which may be out of favor, or out of date.

I think this data-based approach will be very beneficial, and will
both be easy to work with, and give you an immediate sense of the
work.

Just my .02.

- Serge