[OSM-talk] what to do cues

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Mon Dec 31 05:54:45 GMT 2012

Are there any tools that can tip users to what they could do in a
particular map area?

For example, for a given bb(zoom>some min) in a browser window, is there
anything that says:
- Hey, relative to other (or selected best-practice examples) areas like
the one you're viewing, this area has:
  -- Fewer addresses - learn how to add
  -- Fewer buildings - learn how to add
  -- Fewer POIs - learn how to add
  -- POIs that would normally have buildings, but don't (e.g. schools)
  -- Zorro Ways - learn how to fix
  -- There's a park with no trails - learn how to add
  -- etc.

In general, I'm thinking of something that will help new users answer the
question, "How can I help?," particularly for their local 'hood without
sending them to too (too) many off-map web resources. Or even a suggestive
OSM Inspector?

- Jeff

--
Jeff Meyer