[OSM-talk] Contact And Remap Campaign

Simone Cortesi simone at cortesi.com
Tue Feb 7 05:34:41 GMT 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 03:56, Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> wrote:
> David Earl writes:
>  > It would help to know that email is bouncing.
>
> We should put out a press release stating that if anyone values their
> copyright so little that they have not maintained a working email
> address, their copyright interest will be transferred to the OSMF
> (yes, I realize, creator's rights & all that).
>
> If they don't like that, they are welcome to update their email
> address.  If they don't care, why should we?

+1000 !

If they dont care anything anymore about the project, why bother in
the first place? They might be unwillingly not relicencing their work.
They might, if they knew.

i.e. recently I was looking at the list of not yet CT agreeing people,
I found someone I knew in real life, called him on the phone, and him
why he wasn't agreeing on the new terms:

his answer: I saw the emails, but I thought it was somethign not
important, and I discarded them.

see my point?

Our default action should be: if somebody doesn't answer, then relicence....

--
-S