[OSM-talk] Offtopic: A vision of America's roads

Ben Johnson tangararama at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 00:52:08 GMT 2012

Very interesting. It shows that this style of simplified system map is far superior to convey route and network information.

Back in 1984 we visited Los Angeles and my parents bought a fold out map of the region, and on the reverse side was a colour-coded freeway system map in this same style, with exits,  interchanges, and symbols to indicate which turns were possible. I wish I'd have kept it.

Now I'm grown up and drive trains around Sydney... and rail system maps are all a part of my daily work. :-)

Thanks for sharing.

Ben

Sent from my iPhone