[OSM-talk] [talk-au] [sharedmapau] Re: Mass revert now??

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:24:28 GMT 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:45 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It surely no longer is to have the most accurate map, all the
> remapping is usually from lower quality data sources, and time spent
> remapping could have been spent making the map better, that hardly
> seems like a very pragmatic approach to me.

Speak for yourself. A couple of my remapping changesets contain the following:
deletions: 89/creations: 501
deletions: 201/creations: 426

Some have more deletions than additions but that is because the
original TIGER import was over-noded anyway.

Some of these ways haven't been touched since Bing imagery became
available. I'm guessing improvements are probably more the norm than
reductions in quality.

Toby