[OSM-talk] How I got here - was Geocaching.com moved to OSM (partly)

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 17:31:30 GMT 2012

Hi Rob,

On 21 January 2012 14:30, Rob Warren <warren at muninn-project.org> wrote:

> I've been working on an ontology for graves and cemetery for use with
> linked open data [1]. Would there be any interest in setting up an LOD
> gateway for grave data on the OSM?
>
> best,
> rhw
> [1]  http://rdf.muninn-project.org/**ontologies/graves.html<http://rdf.muninn-project.org/ontologies/graves.html>
>
> As no-one else has responded, I will have to show my ignorance and admit
that I do not know what you mean.

There are often responses on these lists that 'we' do not want data type
'X' in the main OSM database - it should be in a separate one.

So, if you are proposing to set up a separate database and show how it
could be lined to OSM, that would be really good.

I am afraid I could not work out what the ontology meant - is it a database
schema, or a template for how to describe graves in XML?

There has been quite a bit of discussion about mapping historical things
here recently and I wonder if this could be incorporated into some sort of
general 'historicOSM' database?

Sorry for being dense!

Graham.

--