[OSM-talk] Critical Mass for license change-over

WDw wichita.dweller at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:46:22 GMT 2012

On 01/27/2012 02:19 PM, LM_1 wrote:
> I would have higher standard for critical mass, definitely over 99 %.
> There should be a prolonged (at least one year) period where it is
> known what data can remain and what cannot to allow seamless switch.
> Having two months to the planned switch and still not knowing the
> exact algorithm to determine what stays seems just stupid.
>
> Lukas (LM_1)
Despite not knowing the exact rules either, I do think that critical
mass has been reached, certainly in my area.
Further I would not expect the changeover to be a lot more seamless if
it is allowed to take another 10 months. I suspect that people who have
not acted already are likely to wait to the last minute, no matter if
that is in two or in twelve months. And this has been going on for a
long time already.

Best regards,
  wichita dweller