[OSM-talk] Abuse of OSM data / censorship in Germany

ThomasB toba0211 at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 30 22:32:01 GMT 2012

Micha Ruh wrote

> - Will OSMF/DWG investigate [..]
> Two entities shared information derived from OSM internally, so what?

....with derived work -blured image geometries- shared worldwide. You don't
see the irony using open data to restrict data?

Micha Ruh wrote

> - Will OSMF/DWG delete [..]
> No.
> The fact that China isn't a white blob on our maps should answer your
> question.
> Although you could block osm.org for yourself if you want.

No, it does not answer my question. There is  difference between China
asking OSM to stop mapping usual streets and the german government asking to
delete military installations.
Although you could continue to block newspapers and using general knowledge