[OSM-talk] Submitting POI to OSM made easy

Gregor Horvath gh at gregor-horvath.com
Wed Jul 11 12:04:19 BST 2012

Hi,

Am Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:48:28 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb moenk <moenkemt at geo.hu-berlin.de>:

> I'd like to introduce a tiny tool. It's purpose is to submit POI to
> the OSM database. The focus is not to replace things like Potlatch or
> JOSM, it was developed for Geocachers for easy POI submitting. But
> I'm sure you'll know some people who might have use for this simple
> mapping tool.

Great, I thought about something like this a few days ago.
What I think would be great is the use of the geocoding API to get the
GPS / IP-based coordinates from the device automatically and a
smart-phone friendly mobile Webpage.

I often travel with my N900 smartphone using OSM. I often find some
POI missing. There is no easy and fast way too just upload a POI.
Starting OSM2Go or something similar to just add one POI is not
feasible.
This would help a lot.

--
Greg