[OSM-talk] Submitting POI to OSM made easy

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Jul 16 15:42:03 BST 2012

Hi,

Nice work! Some comments:
* On the position screen, dragging the marker is more intuitive than
clicking to set position.
* I would replace the 'Submit Query' label on the buttons (several
screens) with something more descriptive llike 'Next' or 'Continue'
* On the Surroundings screen, it's not quite clear where to click if
you want to go on the next step. Again, a consistent button labeling
language would be helpful.
* Also on that screen, the function of the bottom half is not clear to
me (nor is there any explanation)
* The credentials are transmitted in plaintext over a non-secure connection...
* I like the high score page and the overall design.

Best
Martijn

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM, moenk <moenkemt at geo.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'd like to introduce a tiny tool. It's purpose is to submit POI to the OSM
> database. The focus is not to replace things like Potlatch or JOSM, it was
> developed for Geocachers for easy POI submitting. But I'm sure you'll know
> some people who might have use for this simple mapping tool.
>
> Just point on a map and enter some information what can be found there. Also
> it is possible to upload geotagged JPGs or GPX from navigation devices. It's
> so easy that I assume even my grandma could do it. The most complicated
> thing is getting the required account for OSM.
>
> Let me know what you think about it: http://yapis.eu/?id=0&lang=en
>
> Cheers,
>
> -moenk
>

> -----