[OSM-talk] Redaction finished already?

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 05:28:04 BST 2012

On 26 July 2012 08:17, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
> Imports are by their intrinsic nature never urgent (it is not as if the
> 3rd party data is going to vanish if you don't import it today). I would
> strongly suggest doing something more useful, like helping with
> remapping Australia or Poland, than wasting time on something that can
> easily wait.

i don't think it's wasting time. if it improves the map, it's useful.
the question the person asked is whether or not it is a good idea to
do them yet, from a technical perspective vis-a-vis the redaction
process.

also, this is a (mostly unspoken) principle which free/open projects work upon:
"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"
(Louis Blanc, 1839)

so, if OP finds it useful and there are no technical reasons why not
to, i say go for it if that's what you want.

--
robin

http://fu.ac.nz - Auckland's Free University