[OSM-talk] FourSquare and OSM

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:27:32 GMT 2012

>Or will the intermediary service provided by MapBox etc somehow protect them?

MapQuest is updated minutely? So changes to the database are going to
be felt by FourSquare, Nestoria, et al pretty immediately. This is
pretty off topic, of course...

Presumably the good folks behind the license change will say that any
short-term damage to OSM caused by removing data is outweighed by the
benefits of a new license; the ODbL even, possibly, makes data
exchange with these 3rd parties more secure in the long term.

That's the optimistic way of putting it. You could be a pessimist and
say that OSM data is already hugely inconsistent and full of holes,
missing roads and imaginary data.

I guess it just depends on how you judge the contents of your glass
(or mailing list).

Cheers, Joseph