[OSM-talk] Mapnik Lowzoom TIles - proof of concept

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Mon Mar 12 20:18:12 GMT 2012

On 12.03.2012 11:22, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Yes, that must not be encouraged. I think that if we make roads more
> prominent, then the non-landcover areas will look better.

I also think it does focus to much on natural=*

How would it look if adding highway=motorway,trunk,primary to the
rendering? Maybe in light shades of grey?

Is transparency an option? So areas with higher mapping density would
come up more prominent?

Was the query speed a problem for the mapnik setup?

Stephan