[OSM-talk] Database Rebuild scheduled to start on the 27th of March 2012

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Wed Mar 21 10:17:06 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> On 21/03/12 08:26, Simon Poole wrote:
>
>> See http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Rebuild_Plan
>
> I think that date is very unlikely to be met.

Putting it a little differently, how confident is the Rebuild Team
that all of those tasks can be accomplished and thoroughly tested
following that schedule? Personally, I've never seen a schedule so
ambitious, especially for an all-volunteer group.  Is the OSMF board
putting their full trust in the Rebuild Team, such that if the team
says the schedule cannot be met without any doubts (e.g. of data
integrity being compromised), then OSMF will postpone the rebuild?
Since I don't think OSMF has any choice but to rely on the Team (since
they're the only ones with the skills to do this), does the Rebuild
Team have the courage to tell the OSMF "no; not yet"?

Should this discussion be taking place on osmf-talk?
-Josh