[OSM-talk] Database Rebuild scheduled to start on the 27th of March 2012

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 13:36:18 GMT 2012

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> The "April 1st" proclamation did a lot of good in the past months because people
> understood that we were serious, but clinging to it*now*  is likely to
> lead an unnecessarily downtime and sloppy work,

As I have said in the past ... any existing user who has not accepted the new
terms just becomes disabled completely and we are no longer waiting for
stragglers to accept.
The block I'm currently working on around Cheltenham in reality would not be a
major loss. I'm having to verify and remap what is rather poor quality data
anyway, but I don't have time to finish that this week, and the other local
blocks such as at Malvern are only fine detail that would probably be better
mapped clean anyway.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL