[OSM-talk] Applications systematically consuming Bing Aerial tiles

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Thu Mar 29 10:49:46 BST 2012

Hi!

The fact that Bing doesn't display the correct license means that they are in
breach of the license (7a). It does *not* mean that they haven't accepted it.
They automatically accept the license if they use the data (Par 8a). I still
have those rights (7a again).
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/legalcode)

And of course you are right: It doesn't change anything "wrt their rights in
their products." But it does change something "wrt to *my* rights in their
products."

Lets haggle about this some more. It is so much fun when several people who
all have no legal background discuss licensing. :-)

Jochen