[OSM-talk] OSM cycle map - ?excessive focus on long-distance routes

Wed May 9 15:09:31 BST 2012

Richard Mann wrote:
> You'd have to ask the City of Utrecht whether their "main cycle routes"
> are signed.

Well, ok, I wasn't really asking what "I'd have to ask", more what "your
point is". :)

If the routes are signed, that's good. If there are measurements that can
be tagged in OSM (vehicles per hour, or surface quality, or whatever),
that's good too. Anything objective can be tagged, and rendered by a
Maperitive guru such as yourself. openwoollymammothmap.org is still there
for the taking.

But as yet I haven't understood what point you're trying to make in this
thread. Without trying to be obtuse... can you explain?

cheers
Richard