[OSM-talk] Worst of OSM

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue May 15 13:53:33 BST 2012

Hi All,

Personally I think it is discouraging. I think positive encouragement
is much better than this negative method. Sure it is helpful to
discuss problems somewhere but I think calling it the Worst of OSM is
unfair. If the "map is never done" then isn't everything technically
the worst at some point? At least compared to the future?   For
example the boundaries in Java are correct, they just shouldn't be
mapped as Province level, they are villages.  Sure I could go fix it,
but I'm working with the mappers there locally to fix their mapping
mistakes.

If we want to be a map of the entire world encouraging people will
work much more than discouraging them.

-Kate