[OSM-talk] Cycleways and Access tags: Left, Right, Forward, Backward?

rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:42:43 BST 2012

Oh, I think I get it now. So for example if you had a cycle route that runs
parallel to a road (but not within the road carriageway), is on the left
side and allows cycling in both directions it would be tagged as:

* highway=*
* cycleway:left=track
* cycleway:left=opposite_track

If this is correct that the wiki could do with the definition changing so
that opposite_track reads "The track may be cycled in the opposite
direction to the way", with an explanation of how a way is essentially an
arrow.

Regards,
Rob

ps Sorry for the large number of emails on this. Am trying to get things
clear in my mind!