[OSM-talk] TomTom is thumping us

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue May 29 10:21:34 BST 2012

On 29/05/2012 08:44, Maarten Deen wrote:
> Ok, they don't name us, but I think "a leading open source map" does
> refer to us.
>
> <http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/licensing/newsletter/201205/didyouknow/>

Sounds like they're scared to me. With them looking over their shoulders
at OSM, it means their taking their eye off the ball. The best thing for
OSM mappers is to keep on mapping.

    "we harness the local knowledge of our 60 million satnav customers,"

How are the village pond & footpath that's goes past it being mapped
when their customers are travelling at 70mph on the nearby motorway?

Dave F.