[OSM-talk] public_transport=platform not rendered

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 13:17:58 GMT 2012

If there is an actual platform, I tend to create way for it. Until now I
added both highway=platform and public_transport=platform to them. As far
as I'm concerned, that's tagging for the renderer though. I could, of
course, add both highway=bus_stop and public_transport=platform to the
40000 stops in Flanders, but I consider that a waste of precious space and
bandwith.

I'd prefer to have 1 tag for 1 concept and that's  the reason why the
proposal got my vote. I'm very patient and I certainly didn't expect it to
be implemented everywhere right away, but we're 1,5 years further now.

I'll roll back the 100 or some such I already did and I'll go back to
waiting for the rest of the osm world to catch up. I can change them in
bulk at some point in the future.

It seemed like a good opportunity to convert them now, as I'm reviewing all
the stops in my region and it helped me to keep track of my progress. I
created a nice new mapcss for the purpose, showing me the name, ref, zone
as well as a route_ref and also a not_served_by, which I need for automatic
quality checking. route_ref is interesting as well for bus service which
most probably won't get a route relation (schoolbuses, market buses,
student services and on call services (Belbus)).

If Mapnik ever gets changed, maybe amenity=shelter,
shelter_type=public_transport can also be rendered differently, since now
there seem to be a lot of hiking shelters next to the roads in Belgium.

Polyglot.