[OSM-talk] public_transport=platform not rendered

Peter Wendorff wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
Sat Nov 17 14:35:44 GMT 2012

Hi.
While I can see that there's the change from highway=bus_stop to
public_transport=platform documented in the wiki, I did not follow that
process when it happened, I think, but:
How is the fact tagged that any particular platform is a bus stop, and
not e.g. a tram platform? Do we really rely on relations for bus and
tram routes to exist and contain this platform as a member to decide
upon that?

I therefore would still add both tags, as IMHO public_transport=platform
does not tell the same stuff.

regards
Peter