[OSM-talk] public_transport=platform not rendered

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 17:39:30 GMT 2012

Am 17/nov/2012 um 10:30 schrieb Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de>:

> I think you are reading the public_transport=platform tag too literally.
> It merely denotes the place where passengers are waiting for the
> transportation vehicle. It does not distinguish between flat and raised
> structures.

I agree with Philipp that there is not only no benefit in changing bus stop to platform, it makes things worse.

it would be nice to have all bus stops grouped in one tag, like it always was. Distinguishing between bus stops with platforms and those without in the main tag (the tag that says: here you can get on / off a bus) is not desirable. From this pov the new proposal asks to tag bus stops as platforms where there is none, and this is no improvement. Also needing 2 tags (one to say there is a stop and one to say it is for busses) where before one tag was sufficient for the same meaning is no benefit.

I'd rather deprecate platform for busses if anything.

Cheers,
Martin