[OSM-talk] [OSM-talk-fr] Continued aggression against French contributors (cadastre integration)

THEVENON Julien julien_thevenon at yahoo.fr
Thu Oct 18 14:02:04 BST 2012

> De : Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>

> My French is a bit rusty but I think that this is the crucial part: "
> non soumise aux droits patrimoniaux d’auteur"

> Now compare to this paragraph:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Cadastre_Fran%C3%A7ais/Conditions_d%27utilisation#La_r.C3.A9ponse_de_la_DGI

> "En revanche, la rediffusion de ces données n'est autorisée que pour
> les produits composites, c'est à dire ceux constitués pour partie
> seulement du plan cadastral, et sous réserve que soient clairement
> indiqués l'origine et le millésime des données cadastrales utilisées"

Hi Martin,

it means that we cannot distribute raw data coming from Cadastre alone.
We are allowed to distribute them only if they are part of composite dataset/work ( = mixed with data coming from other sources ) and only if we add to them the information that they are coming from cadastre and the year of cadastre ( = our tag source= Cadastres.... 2012 )
So the integration in OSM with the source tag by French contributor made them part of a composite dataset with cadastre attribution so this is fine.

PS : I remove talk-fr from cc as people are complaining about non french mails

Cheers
Julien