[OSM-talk] [OSM-talk-fr] Continued aggression against French contributors (cadastre integration)

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Oct 19 08:17:16 BST 2012

Am 19.10.2012 00:47, schrieb andrzej zaborowski:

> This is off topic in this thread, but I'd like to set the record
> straight.  Who do you refer to as "we" when you say you had to spend
> any time sorting those changes?  T

Just so that it is clear to our dear readers: there is no doubt that had
the mappers in Poland used separate accounts (including Andrzej
himself)) for the UMP imports it would  have been substantially less
work to determine  what needed to be redacted. What is correct is that
it would still have required a substantial amount of effort to determine
which changesets/objects could be kept from such accounts. This is due
to the UMP imports essentially not being from one source, but from
multiple individual UMP contributors which may or may not have given
permission to retain their data. A very special case, which is unlikely
to ever occur again.

The UMP imports show nicely how broken at least object level source
tagging is, a large number of objects have/were infected by source tags
from UMP imports without actually being derived from such data requiring
heuristics to determine if they could be kept or not.

Simon

PS: the data that Andrzej was referring to that was mistakenly redacted
was restored and is still available in the DB. The history of those
objects is currently still redacted since there is currently no method
to unredact objects.