[OSM-talk] [OSM-talk-fr] Continued aggression against French contributors (cadastre integration)

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 15:47:56 BST 2012

On 19 October 2012 09:17, Simon Poole <simon en poole.ch> wrote:
> ..
> The UMP imports show nicely how broken at least object level source
> tagging is, a large number of objects have/were infected by source tags
> from UMP imports without actually being derived from such data requiring
> heuristics to determine if they could be kept or not.

I disagree, what you're seeing is a result of a redaction logic based
on individual OSM entity's history.  As Frederik wrote in an email
probably over two years ago, anything relying on the object Id
persistence is outright broken.  This is exactly what the bot logic
relied on and fixing it will require heuristics.

Tagging entire changesets is at least equally broken because it
"infects" the clean edits in the changeset, while objects who's Id
changes later may be wrongly detected as clean.  It's a bigger
tradeoff.

Cheers