[OSM-talk] FYI - OpenTripPlanner instance

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Oct 30 03:48:56 GMT 2012

FYI - I've finished the testing for my local instance of OpenTripPlanner
[1] and it's ready to go live.

The code I used to create the GTFS from OSM data is in SVN:
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/export/OSM2GTFS/ - still
very fragile, and not very informative when it doesn't like something
about the route data.

I discovered that it is very helpful to enter alternate names to help
with search, for example:
    If "East Bay Technical College" is referred to as "Bay Tech" - "Bay
Tech" should be in alt_name or loc_name.   I don't believe the search
algorithm should be expanded to return more hits in this case.

   I also included the tool to visualize travel times[2].

1: http://trip.greenvilleopenmap.info
2: http://trip.greenvilleopenmap.info/opentripplanner-analyst-client/