[OSM-talk] How to add, edit, remove tag for an object without Potlatch, Merkaartor or JOSM ?

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Thu Sep 13 09:22:55 BST 2012

LIVINE Christin:

> How to add, edit, remove tag for an object without Potlatch,
> Merkaartor
> or JOSM ?

> For example. For France, I'd like to add tag name:ty.

You could do this with rawedit
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Rawedit but it is broken now.

As for JOSM, there is a better way.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_France/Limites_administratives#France_.28admin_level_2.29
tells that relation number for France boundary is 11980. Select
File->Download object, choose "relation", enter 11980, uncheck all boxes
for downloading relation members and hit "OK". Then select the relation
and add any tags you like.

If there's no relevant wiki page, you can use Overpass API. At the
moment there is no administrative border for Japan in the database
(someone has probably deleted it earlier), that's why you were able to
find something that is not Japan and quite small, but to get the
relation for the China border, for example, you can type
http://overpass-api.de/api/interpreter?data=[out:custom];rel[%22name:en%22~%22China$%22];out;&redirect=no
find out that the relation number is 270056 and download it in JOSM.

IZ