[OSM-talk] Rohde & Schwarz using OSM

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Thu Sep 13 13:35:51 BST 2012

Reputed manufacturer of RF equipment Rohde & Schwarz

has applied OSM maps in firmware in their portable

R&S DDF007 Direction Finder for tracking down

(illegal) sources of interference.

Their brochure states that OSM currently is license-free,

which apparently is a commercial translation of free-license.

The brochure clearly mentions OSM and its possibilities and

the OSM  url.

Geo licenses seem really difficult to understand ;<))

As far as my information goes the device will cost you

more than 50.000 USD.

I do not have any information about attribution,

but the brochure screen image shows none.

http://www2.rohde-schwarz.com/en/products/radiomonitoring/direction_find
er/DDF007-|-Brochures_and_Data_Sheets-|-19-|-8692.html