[OSM-talk] Tagging the source

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Fri Sep 28 14:20:41 BST 2012

Lester Caine wrote:
> I did put my hand up for a tag which is automatically applied for those of
> us who forget it ;) If I have a background layer up it automatically adds
> that tag to each object.

In Potlatch you can simply press 'B' (for 'Background') to add the source=
tag for the current background imagery. It isn't added automatically, and
won't be, because it doesn't follow that you're necessarily tracing from a
background source just because it's displayed. You might be using a GPS
track, or your own local knowledge, or a vector background layer, or
whatever.

cheers
Richard