[OSM-talk] Réf.: Re: All you've ever wanted to know about the french cadastre

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi
Fri Sep 28 17:08:46 BST 2012

Philip Barnes <phil <at> trigpoint.me.uk> writes:

>  I would prefer to keep the source tag with the object. Within a changeset I
will often have some roads where source is GPS, have traced some buildings from
bing, and added a few pub/shop names where source is survey

Changeset info can be obtained only from native OSM services. If someone
downloads shapefiles from Geofabrik or Cloudmade or OSM data in GML format
from my WFS server the changeset tags are a bit difficult to obtain. If
such data contain osm_ids then it is possible to find the history of
the objects from OSM services but I do not think it is compulsory to
include osm_ids in WFS services or derived ODbL databases.

Users can delete or edit the object source tags but perhaps there are still
better possibilities that they remain in ODbL chain than the changeset
source tags.

-Jukka Rahkonen-