[OSM-talk] Nearby Users

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Dec 2 17:45:27 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM, Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks Frederik for kicking this off, good discussion of a *potentially* v
> useful feature.

> What's the best way to set up this kind of async stats processing, and
> integrate into the rails app?

I've done a quantity of this async mapper stats compilation and
comparison.  The results were really good and lead to things like a
vandal detector and the mapper baseball cards that I toyed with.
Based on my experience I think the best advice I can offer is "don't
use shell scripts".  Hey, they worked, for some value of worked.
Kinda.