[OSM-talk] Cyprous - postal codes

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Dec 26 19:05:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM, TDTwister Gmail <tdtwisteruk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I manage to get a list of Cyprus postal codes from Cyprus Postal Service
> both in Greek and in English (as separate files).
> I wrote some python scripts to match the Greek and the English name of
> the streets and mapped them on to OSM (some of them).
> I am in the process of creating a script to upload the result (only
> manually confirmed mappings for now approximately 500 roads) and I would
> like to ask a few questions.

[ ... ]

Hi,

Your enthusiasm and interest are welcome!

Beware that importing data from other sources is a highly contentious
issue in OpenStreetMap.  Please read, understand and follow all of the
steps in the import guidelines and related pages on the wiki before
you continue.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import