[OSM-talk] STFU

Christopher Woods christof at infinitus.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 23:23:11 GMT 2013

On 02/02/2013 23:17, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> The OSMF board discussed this issue at their F2F meeting in Berlin
> last November (meeting minutes:
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_Minutes_2012-11-03).
>
> At the meeting we churned through several variations on the topic of
> "who is the community, who is OSMF, who decides" etc.etc., and
> essentially agreed that we would like to actively pursue the goal of
> getting a greater proportion of the community to become OSMF members
> so that we achieve a solid and representative democratic footing.
That's encouraging to hear. I haven't kept up with OSMF discussions for
a while so it's encouraging to know it's at least on the agenda. Has any
more progress been made since the November meeting?

> I quipped on the "glacial pace" in another email just now, and this is
> one of the issues where things haven't progressed too fast; personally
> I now think it is likely that any grand "membership drive" activities
> will happen after this year's SOTM and not before. But this doesn't
> mean that the goal is abandoned.
If I have any knowledge or skills which OSMF would find useful, I'd be
happy to contribute to these activities.

Cheers
Chris