[OSM-talk] Comments On New Tile Layer Guideline Process

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 19:57:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Peter Wendorff
<wendorff at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
> What about enhancing the layer list by a "more..." option.
> Showing the main map layers as usual by default, but adding a e.g. git or
> wiki based list of layers dynamically added if the user wants.
>
> this could be a drop down box (probably enhanced by some autocomplete
> functionality or sth. like that), where users can search for buzzwords,
> layer names or simply scroll down and try out.
>
> On the one hand this would show that there are much more osm maps than the
> hand ful shown now, and it would allow stats about how interesting a
> particular map might be.

Something like this I could actually see happening. Maybe even just a
simple link titled "More OSM maps" that links to a wiki page.
Something like this but more focused on different slippy map styles:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/List_of_OSM_based_Services

Seems like a page like this might already exist but I'm not finding it
at the moment.

Toby