[OSM-talk] How to map mountain pass in Poltach 2

Vladimir Vyskocil vladimir.vyskocil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:16:12 GMT 2013

And this IMHO important feature to have on a map is still not rendered in Mapnik on the main OSM site... I always saw the request to have it added in the default style since I joined OSM (more than 3 years ago). I think this has something to do with the default pgsql import style not having the following key or keys :

> is there a particular reason to use a new key for this, instead of
> e.g. natural=mountain_pass (or natural=pass)? There is only few of
> these I admit: http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=natural%3Dpass

There was also a problem to have the symbol oriented right with the old Mapnik version, but now it should be possible, is it ?

Regards,
Vlad.