[OSM-talk] New technology ...

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 22 14:45:45 UTC 2013

I agree with Martin that this is a great redesign. And we should see positively that so many people react to these redesigns. And let's hope we can have more positive / constructive discussions among contributors and developers.
I understand that we should accept that some redesigns will affect the way we are doing things.  At the same time, we have to think how people, sometimes less experimented, may use the OSM map for various usages.  I might be a bit late since I was not there to propose modifications a few weeks ago. But still...
The Share panel who replace the Permalink, is useful to communicate to others various informations. For example, it could be a store or a tourist bureau that wants to provide simply geolocated information. Also we often see OSM contributors exchanging links to discuss about various aspects of the OSM map.

I propose below minor modifications to the Share panel that to my point of view would provide more flexibility to take account of the various usages. In this proposal, the Include marker appears only once and is used for both url links and Embedded HTML. And there is the possibility to add a descriptive about the marker.

Share

Include marker

Center page at the marker location

Marker description