[OSM-talk] Double-clicking on OSM map does not centre the map

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 22 15:04:46 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-22 14:31, Tom MacWright wrote:
> If anyone wants to do the work, head over to the Leaflet
> GitHub https://github.com/leaflet/leaflet [5] and go for it. I'm
> imagining it'll be a hard sell to the maintainers, because it would
> make Leaflet's behavior different than the vast majority of maps on
> the internet, not to mention all other open source map frameworks.

Is that the standard we adhere to? "Do it like everyone else does?" I
think OSM would not be here if we did.
I don't know what other open source map frameworks are out there, this
is the first I hear about leaflet (no, I am not in developing for OSM),
but I have always disliked google maps' interface. They lack(ed) so many
features OSM had, and now OSM is stepping down to their level by
removing features and adhering to their standards.

What is wrong with having more and better features? What is the added
value of removing features?

Regards,
Maarten