[OSM-talk] Re-opening a note if necessary?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Tue Jun 11 13:03:49 UTC 2013

colliar <colliar4ever at aol.com> writes:

> On 09.06.2013 20:33, John F. Eldredge wrote:
>> I agree that it should be possible to update notes after the fact.
>>
>> malenki <osm_ at malenki.ch> wrote:
>>
>>     On  08.06.2013 22:22, James Mast wrote:
>>
>>         I'm curious, but does anybody think that "notes" should be able
>>         to be
>>         re-opened if necessary?
>>

>>     Definitely yes.
>>     I've created a ticket here:
>>     https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4874
>>
>>     I was astonished there wasn't one since I heard a lot of complaining
>>     about this missing feature both in OpenStreetBugs and now at notes.
>>
>>     Regards
>>     Thomas
>
> +10
>
> Please, this is needed !
>
> fly

I agree that notes should be re-openable.   I created a note, sort of to
myself, about a golf course polygon being off (due to development), but
I put it in the wrong place, because it was my first time and I didn't
realize you couldn't move it after adding the description.

Someone else saw the note, and indeed where it was the data was fine
(other side of the street, houses/streets all as they should be, and
closed it.

So, I would have liked to a) move it and b) reopen.

The basic point is that notes can be closed in error, by people acting
in good faith, and it's awkward to have a new one and the old one around
too.

Another feature would be to have a "confirm this belongs as closed" so
there can be a list of osm members who concur, and perhaps after some
number not show them by default.