[OSM-talk] Videos of State of the Map US are up!

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Wed Jun 12 15:49:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote:

> Just did a quick search and looked at the Vimeo UI - I couldn't find an
> option for making a video downloadable.

The previous times I've used Miro I was able to get individual videos
downloaded simply by opening the File > Download from URL window (which
will be pre-populated with a URL of the video if you have copied it to your
clipboard before opening the window). By simply clicking ok it's worked for
me.

But I now tried to do the same for one of the SoTMUS videos and Miro
couldn't recognize the URL as video nor audio and couldn't start the
download. This might be a connection issue as my Net is super shitty right
now (and has been giving all sorts of never-seen-this-error-oddity-before
issues).

I'll try this later with better connection but am interested to hear if
others succeed or fail with Miro in downloading the videos.

-Jaakko

--
jaakko at helleranta.com * Skype: jhelleranta * Mobile: +509-37-269154  *
http://go.hel.cc/about.me