[OSM-talk] Upcoming changes to OpenStreetMap.org website

Christian Quest cquest at openstreetmap.fr
Wed Nov 13 11:15:56 UTC 2013

+1 !

When I present OSM to local authorities, I usually start with a joke... in
OpenStreetMap only one word is right: "open"

street ? whe're not doing only street mapping

map ? we're not only making maps

Changing OSM's name is way too late, but at least we should have a clear
statement about not only streets and not only map(s)...

2013/11/13 rainerU <ray66 at sfr.fr>

> The text "OpenStreetMap is a free and editable map of the world maintained
> by an
> active community of contributors." has always been on the main page and has
> never been correct because it repeats one of the main misunderstandings
> about
> OSM. Now that this text is the only one on the front page it is time to fix
> this: OSM is not a map but a database.
>
> Rainer

Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France
Un nouveau serveur pour OSM... http://donate.osm.org/server2013/