[OSM-talk] Creating a single better maintained list of XAPI/Overpass servers

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Mon Oct 7 06:27:08 UTC 2013

> Separately, there seem to be a number of slightly different lists of public XAPI/Overpass servers:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Jxapi#Overpass_API
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/status
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Pt-br:Xapi

> Would it make sense to direct everyone to:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Platform_Status[http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Platform_Status]

These pages serve different purposes. I document the status of the two servers that I maintain
in concise form on Platform_Status and in a detailed form on Overpass_API/status.

The other instances work well but I don't maintain them personally so I cannot write status
reports for them. So an accurate information should point out that the osm.fr instance, the Rambler
instance and overpass-api.de all three are active and welcome requests, but only for the latter
two the status is tracked in the wiki.

Concerning the XAPI instances: The list on Pt-br:Xapi is plainly outdated and should be
removed. These servers were listed two years ago on the English Xapi page but have been purged
meanwhile. The jxapi instance exists since some time, but I don't know to what standards it
is maintained. AFAIK no other Xapi-only instances are operational today.

Cheers,

Roland