[OSM-talk] Creating a single better maintained list of XAPI/Overpass servers

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Oct 7 06:46:43 UTC 2013

jxapi.osm.org is, confusingly enough, not running jxapi, but pyxapi
instead. The Java postgres library has issues with question marks in
queries, which are required for hstore queries to answer a request
like *[highway], so it got written in python.

The replication lag is pretty consistent at around 1 minute. It's on
reasonable hardware, but no SSDs.

> AFAIK no other Xapi-only instances are operational today.

There's some privately run ones. I have one, but it's really just a
side effect of needing the planet in a database. Once you have that,
running jxapi, pyxapi or cgimap has pretty trivial hardware requirements.